Thank you for your interest in applying to showcase your research, project, or change making idea at RISE 2021. Please find below, important information for your application to present. You will be asked to provide details about your session which will be used in the program guide.
Please include following in your application:
- First name, last name & email address (including co-presenters, if applicable)
- Department (staff & faculty only)
- Program of study & student number (students only)
- Three learning outcomes for attendees:
- What do you hope participants will learn?
- For example, a learning outcome for a cybersecurity presentation might be "participants will have a better understanding of cyber security threats and how to stay safe online"
- Profile picture (headshot)
- Website link (if applicable)
- Session Files: slides, infographics, PDFs, GIFs, audio clips, video recordings
Please Note: You cannot make changes to your application while it is in process. Once you submit it, an online profile will be created for you. From here, you can make changes and edits until the application deadline - March 29, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST
RISE 2021 Showcases
There are three virtual showcases this year. Please make note of the one that applies to you and select the appropriate track when requested.
- Innov8 Student Showcase: select this showcase if you are a student, in any program, presenting your research or course-based project
- Research & Innovation Showcase: select this showcase if you are a part of the Research & Innovation department
The Innov8 Awards
- Research & Scholarship Showcase: select this showcase if you are staff or faculty who will be presenting formal research and/or scholarship work
Download Quickstart & Step-by-Step Guide
The first annual Innov8 Awards will recognize excellence in research, innovation, and changemaking ideas presented by students or student teams at RISE 2021.
The competition will be judged using a rubric provided by the Innov8 Awards Panel. See details in Quickstart & Step-by-Step Guide
- Application deadline: March 29, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Reviews complete: March 30, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST
If your application is accepted:
- you will receive an email including details about submission requirements, format, templates, and the Innov8 Awards competition
- you must upload all documents, media, etc. related to your session to your online profile by April 2, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST
Good luck to all applicants!
- you do not need to register again as an attendee since you will have a presenter ticket