CASE is planning the 2021 Annual Fall Conference in Little Rock, Arkansas, November 11-13, "Focusing on a Future of Success". The Deadline for proposal submission is May 23, 2021,
We invite you to submit proposals on any topics you believe are relevant to special education administrators. We would love to see topics that discuss the unexpected successes we found during the pandemic that we can carry forward as well as any inequities or deficiencies in our systems that were prominent and the lessons learned.
Examples: Scaling up success, using ESSER funds, assessing current levels of understanding after the pandemic, instructional interventions that continue to close achievement gaps, how to monitor the impact we are having moving forward, how to improve systems, and remove inequities. We would also welcome other hot topics such as staff recruitment and retention, inclusion, collaborating with general education, special education law, improving behavior, recovering from trauma, Multi-tiered System of Support, supporting staff through change, and educational leadership.
We look forward to receiving your proposal,
The CASE Professional Development Committee
Selection Criteria for Proposals:
1. Rationale for the Presentation (Is this topic important to the field?)
2. Usefulness to Practitioners (How will this information improve practice?)
3. Learner Outcomes (Outcomes clearly articulate what attendees will know and be able to do.)
4. Overall Quality of the Proposal
Submissions must include:
- Title (Conference Theme is “Focusing on a Future of Success”)
- Lead Presenter bio
- List of co-presenters (bios can be added after you submit)
- Session Description
- 1-3 Learner Outcomes
- Optional documents can be (not required) uploaded to strengthen your submission
- Days you cannot present
Please keep in mind:
- We are currently planning for the conference to be in person.
- Breakout sessions will be one hour in length.
- All accepted presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference before the end of the early-bird registration which runs through July 2021. Failure to register will result in the cancellation of your session.
- All presenters and co-presenters must pay the early-bird conference rate
- Conference fee cancellation policy: Written requests for refunds, minus 25% administrative costs, will be honored only if postmarked no later than October 2, 2021. Refunds will be mailed after the conference. Substitutions may be made after Oct 2nd.
- You are responsible for bringing your own laptop and adapters needed to connect to the provided LCD projectors.
- You are responsible for providing speakers for your laptop if you need sound.
- Important Deadlines
If you have questions, please contact Heath Peine, CASE Professional Development Chair at email@example.com
- CASE proposal submission ends May 23, 2021.
- Notification of proposal acceptance will be on or before June 28th, 2021.
- Presenters & co-presenters must register for the conference by the end of the early-bird registration in July 2021.
- No conference registration refunds after October 15, 2021, but attendee substitutions can be made.
CASE is an international professional educational organization which is affiliated with the Council for Exceptional Children whose members are dedicated to the enhancement of the worth, dignity, potential, and uniqueness of each individual in society.
Those who receive special education services are individuals who possess basic rights and who command respect at all times. Special Education embraces the right to a free appropriate public education.
The Mission of the Council of Administrators of Special Education is to provide leadership and support to members by shaping policies and practices that impact the quality of education. Click here to learn more about CASE.