Call for Proposals
44th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
August 18, 2024 - August 22, 2024
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, 201 N 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Reflecting on the location of the 2024 Conference, we are delighted to offer a series of themed tracks to link various presentations throughout the Conference. Proposed abstracts which meet one of the following theme categories are encouraged. Other broad topics in Jewish Genealogy are encouraged as well. The 2024 Conference tracks are:
Tools and Technology
Shoah Rescuers and Holocaust Research
Disappearing Empires of the 19th and 20th Centuries
The Sephardi, Mizrahi, and Persian Experience
Building Blocks of Genealogy
Genealogical Research in Philadelphia and Eastern US
Speakers may submit up to four (4) unique proposals for regular sessions, panel discussions and computer labs. SIG (Special Interest Group), Research Division and BOF (Birds-of-a-Feather) meetings are not included in this limit.
Financial compensation for speakers is based on the number of accepted sessions. Speaker compensation is provided only to the primary speaker of a session.
All primary speakers will receive one free Conference Registration. Only one free registration is allowed per session. Speaking or coordinating a SIG or Research Division meeting or luncheon or a BOF session does not qualify the person for compensation from IAJGS.
Speaker compensation is summarized below:
1 Session: $150 honorarium and $150 travel allowance
2 Sessions: $300 honorarium, $200 travel allowance and 1 hotel night
3 Sessions: $450 honorarium, $250 travel allowance and 2 hotel nights
4 Sessions: $600 honorarium, $300 travel allowance and 3 hotel nights
The compensation in this table only applies to the primary speaker. The one exception to this remuneration table is the travel allowance for speakers living within 25 miles of the Conference Hotel. For those speakers, no hotel nights will be provided and the travel allowance will be $50 and is not increased if the speaker has more than one session.=====
Types of Sessions
- Sessions will be scheduled for 45 minutes of lecture, followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers, for a total presentation time of 60 minutes.
- Panels that group speakers with varying views on a shared topic are encouraged by the Program Committee. They are typically scheduled for the same time slots as sessions but may be longer. A panel proposal should be submitted by the main presenter or moderator.
- Computer Labs (hands-on) will be 1½ hours in length and limited to 25 paying participants.
- Film or video (may be more than 60 minutes)
- Regardless of the number of speakers or panelists, one person should submit the proposal. When you are prompted to “Review the Submission”, there will be an icon to “Add an Additional Presenter”, which allows the additional presenters to be attached to the proposal.
- If you think your panel requires more than 60 minutes or you have other questions, please contact program@IAJGS2024.org