Call for Proposals
ITE Canada/CARSP 2023 Joint Conference
June 4, 2023 - June 7, 2023
RBC Convention Centre, 100 Carlton Street, Winnipeg, MB
ITE Canada invites all interested transportation professionals and students to share your ideas at the ITE Canada/CARSP 2023 Joint Conference happening June 4 to June 7, 2023, in Winnipeg, MB at the RBC Convention Centre.
Our program theme is Road Safety: Creating Impact through Diversity. The provision of safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation systems requires integrated actions and policies to meet the needs of different stakeholders including diverse users and decision-makers. While evolving technologies and mobility solutions present unique opportunities, implementation of a multidisciplinary system approach is essential to ensure the safe and efficient operation of transportation systems which are accessible by all user groups. The theme of this conference will focus on enhancing safety, sustainability, and equity in transportation in the face of complex and competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
The conference will promote the exchange of the ITE Canada and CARSP communities’ ideas and experiences in transportation and road safety to promote safe transportation for all. ITE Canada/CARSP 2023 offers a unique forum for you to share your successes and learn how others in the transportation and road safety communities are planning for safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation solutions.
Our technical program will showcase the unique solutions being developed to respond to the challenges of urban mobility, road safety, changing climate, technological development, and access to mobility by all groups. In facing these challenges, the collective knowledge and experience of our professional community will be an invaluable tool to build on successes, learn from experiences, and tailor the analysis, design, and implementation of safe transportation systems to the needs of end users.
We welcome you to share your ideas, initiatives, success stories, and lessons learned. Submissions are welcome on any topic that demonstrates something new, novel, or noteworthy in the world of transportation and road safety - send us your abstract and we’ll see if we can include it in a suitable conference session.
Some ideas for presentations which may be particularly topical include:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Transportation
- Road Safety, Vision Zero and Controlling Traffic Speeds
- Autonomous and connected vehicles
- BRT and LRT Rapid Transit Projects – going from vision to implementation
- Active transportation facility design and implementation – innovations, successes, and lessons learned
- Public engagement approaches on transportation projects
- Integration of Mobility Services and Technology
- Managing Traffic and Transportation during major events, construction, and disasters
- Bike-, car- or ride-sharing initiatives
- Transportation accessibility and community building – removing physical, economic and social barriers
- Designing for extreme weather and climate change
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Parking & Curbside Management
- Women in Engineering
- Adaptation to changes caused by COVID-19
Please use your abstract to show us how and why your idea would make a great addition to the technical program for ITE Canada/CARSP 2023!
We are planning to have a variety of session formats and encourage innovative formats that foster connections and/or collaboration among your audience members. Options include:
- Presentation Only – an abstract outlining your presentation and a final presentation submitted after abstract acceptance
- Poster – an abstract outlining your project/topic and a final poster supplied and presented at the conference
- Innovative formats – Interactive formats including Panel Discussion, Workshop, or Roundtable Sessions
We encourage you to propose an idea with your abstract submission.
Submission Instructions & Important Dates
Click the [Start application] button below and follow the prompts. You will be able to save your progress, so you don’t need to finish it all at once.
Abstract length: 300 to 500 words
Abstract submissions due: November
9 23, 2022
Final presentation submission (if your abstract is accepted): May 9, 2023
The Fine Print
By submitting an abstract to the ITE Canada/CARSP Joint Conference in Winnipeg you agree to a copyright release, should your abstract be accepted, that allows us to publish your work (i.e. slidedeck and, if applicable, paper). Papers are intended to be made available to conference attendees and ITE Canada or CARSP members. Slidedecks may be available to the public. You can view the full release here. If you do not agree with this release, please do not submit an abstract.
Presenters, once accepted, are required to register as a delegate to ITE Canada/CARSP 2023 Joint Conference.
ITE Canada and CARSP have posted two separate “Calls for Abstracts” with different procedures and criteria. Authors are invited to submit their abstracts to either or both competitions. However, if they submit to both, it will only be reviewed by one review panel (i.e., ITE Canada's or CARSP’s) that is determined by the conference’s Technical Committee. While the Calls are run separately, the goal will be to blend the accepted abstracts throughout the technical program as much as possible.