Thank you for your interest in presenting at ACDC 2020: Leading the Way.
Your keynote proposal will relate to the conference theme, “Leading the Way”, and address one or more of the following areas:
As a keynote presenter you will have the opportunity to engage directly with career development and related professionals, industry leaders, policy makers, educators, and more about your particular area of expertise; increase your professional profile or the profile of your organization or program; contribute to the professional development of career development and related professionals from across Canada and the growth of career development in Alberta; receive feedback from conference delegates; and earn Continuing Education Units toward CCDP re-certification (if applicable).
The following guidelines and terms apply to all keynote proposals:
1. All presenters are bound by the guidelines and terms of this call.
2. If your session will promote a good / service please indicate so in your session description. The Exhibitor Fair is an excellent opportunity to promote your goods / services beyond what would be considered appropriate in a keynote presentation.
3. Keynote presentations are 60 minutes in length. There may be opportunities for book / resource sales outside of the keynote presentation.
4. Please ensure that your presentation matches the description provided in the application.
5. Please include a photograph with your submission. Recommended image size is 150 x 150 PNG or JPEG.
6. You agree to provide your own handout materials, if required, as part of your session.
7. You attest that the material in your presentation is created and owned by you and will not infringe the copyright of others.
8. Keynote presenters agree to register for the ACDC, at no charge, by March 15, 2020 and must be present and participate as proposed.
9. Costs associated with the keynote presentation including conference speaker fee, accommodation, travel, etc will be negotiated with the ACDC Planning Committee.
10. Keynote presenters are asked to supply their own laptop and appropriate VGA cable, if one is needed, for their session. Projectors, projection screens, speakers, and microphones will be provided. Note that fees associated with additional equipment needs will be the responsibility of the presenter. All laptops accompanied by a standard VGA cable will be compatible with the projectors provided. Apple products will require an adaptor to connect to the VGA outlet.
11. If you would like to have your presentation materials made available on the CDAA website, you will provide the CDAA with an electronic copy of all materials related to your presentation by May 31, 2020 to email@example.com.
12. Completed application must be received by November 15, 2019.
13. The CDAA reserves the right to request edits to titles, descriptions, and biographies; make final presentation selections; and request additional proposals as applicable. You will be notified by no later than December 31, 2019 regarding the status of your proposal for ACDC 2020.
Career Development Association of Alberta (CDAA)
Current. Connected. Committed.