Call for Proposals
Alberta Career Development Conference (ACDC) 2023
May 2, 2023 - May 3, 2023
The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre - 1316 33rd St. NE, Calgary, AB
Thank you for your interest in presenting at ACDC 2023: Growing Forward.
Your keynote proposal will relate to the conference theme, “Growing Forward”, and address one or more of the following areas:
- Career Counselling / Coaching Techniques
- Trends, Tools, and Technology
- Career Development Research and Theories
- Workforce Planning and Development
- Personal Development and Wellness
- Leadership, Supervision, and Mentorship
- Best Practices for Diverse Client Groups
As a keynote presenter you will have the opportunity to engage with career development and related professionals, industry leaders, policy makers, educators, and more about your particular area of expertise; increase your professional profile or the profile of your organization or program; contribute to the professional development of career development and related professionals from across Canada and the growth of career development in Alberta; receive feedback from conference delegates; and earn Continuing Education Units toward CCDP re-certification (if applicable).
The following guidelines and terms apply to all keynote proposals:
1. All presenters are bound by the guidelines and terms of this call.
2. If your session will promote a good / service please indicate so in your session description. The Exhibitor Fair is an excellent opportunity to promote your goods / services beyond what would be considered appropriate in a keynote presentation.
3. Keynote presentations are 60 minutes in length.
4. Please ensure that your presentation matches the description provided in the application.
5. Please include a photograph with your submission. Recommended image size is 150 x 150 PNG or JPEG.
6. You agree to provide your own handout materials, if required, as part of your session.
7. You attest that the material in your presentation is created and owned by you and will not infringe the copyright of others.
8. If you would like to have your presentation materials made available on the CDAA website, you will provide the CDAA with an electronic copy of all materials related to your presentation by May 12, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Applications must be received by January 27, 2023.
10. The CDAA reserves the right to request edits to titles, descriptions, and biographies; make final presentation selections; and request additional proposals as applicable.
11. You will be notified by no later than February 17, 2023 regarding the status of your proposal for ACDC 2023.
Career Development Association of Alberta (CDAA)
Current. Connected. Committed.