Call for Proposals
Building Lasting Change 2021
September 8, 2021 - September 29, 2021
- $2,000 cash award.
- Free full access to Building Lasting Change 2021 including shoulder events plus one complimentary registration for your lead professor
- Featured article in CaGBC's special Ask the Expert Award Series, interviewed by CaGBC and eblast distributed to 25,000 industry professionals
- Award Recognition:
- Media Release in August
- Profile shared during BLC 2021
- Profile and project video hosted on CaGBC website and BLC Event Platform
- Be an idea for a building, any component of a building, a green product, or any part of the construction process.
- Clearly convey the fundamentals of sustainability by using innovative strategies and realistic solutions.
- Present a creative vision for the future of green buildings and neighbourhoods.
- Articulate the project's key features and their environmental and human health benefits.
- Demonstrate the value and the importance of integrated/synergistic system design.
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student, enrolled during the academic year of 2020/2021, involved directly or indirectly in the built environment. Some examples include programs related to: Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Interior Design, Community Planning, Sustainability Management, Supply Chain Management, Construction, Trades, etc.
- Project groups must select one group representative. A project award can only be awarded to one group member.
- Personal Profile Form
- Proof of full-time enrollment in a post-secondary education institution
- Proof of community involvement and/or letter of recommendation
- Essay (2000 words max)
- Green Project Poster (4 Posters max may be submitted per projects)
- If your project makes the top 2, you will be required to submit an informal video of five minutes or less where you verbalize the merits of your idea, speak about the inspiration behind it and provide the judges with some insight into your personal contributions and aspirations in terms of green building. Once selected, you will be provided with an outline that further articulates the terms of this video component.
- Competition opens: January 11, 2021
- Deadline for submissions: June 7, 2021
- Finalists notified: June/July 2021
- Finalist video due: July 2021
- Winner will be notified by: July/August 2021