Call for Proposals
CNAR 2023 Hybrid Event
October 16, 2023 - October 18, 2023
Virtual + Hyatt Regency Vancouver - 655 Burrard St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2R7 - Canada
Call for Conference Speakers
16th Annual CNAR Conference
CNAR is currently seeking speaking proposals for its 16th Annual National Conference, which will take place October 17th and October 18th, 2023. (Conference workshop programming will be offered on October 16th.) Celebrating CNAR's 20th Anniversary, CNAR 2023 promises to be the most exciting annual Conference event it has held to date!
CNAR 2023 is committed to presenting diverse topics and learning opportunities for both beginner and advanced regulators from all across Canada. CNAR seeks speakers who can share their experience in self-regulation, whether ground-breaking successes or crises that resulted in lessons learned. Proposals from both within and outside CNAR’s Affiliate and Partner community are welcome.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, March 24, 2023, without exception.
CNAR 2023: Guidelines and Format
Last year marked CNAR's largest annual Conference to date and its first hybrid event, attracting over 650 registrants from across Canada and abroad. In 2023, CNAR will host an in-person event at the Vancouver Hyatt Regency Hotel, as well as livestream content over our virtual platform.
Criteria: Please Review Carefully Before Submitting Your Proposal
The 2023 Conference Planning Committees will review every valid and complete proposal and rate it according to:
- Completeness: Submissions including “TBDs” with regard to content or speaker information will not be sent to the Committee for consideration. Ensure your session description is clear, concise, and has an easily comprehensible key message.
- Originality: Topics not widely discussed within the regulatory community at other conferences or presented by the same speaker at other conferences will be more highly rated.
- Level of Interest to Target Audience: Presentation suggestions should be compelling, current, and relevant to the Canadian regulatory community.
- Topic: Topic should be a compelling and applicable on a national level and/or across regulatory professions.
- Partners/Suppliers/For-Profits/Other Service Providers: All vendors must be partnered with a regulator to be considered for a speaking opportunity at CNAR 2023.
- Geography: CNAR is looking for content representing regulators from across Canada.
- Panel Presentations: CNAR delegates want to hear from various organizations and appreciate different perspectives. Panel presentations, discussions, debates and other dynamic presentation styles are encouraged. Single presenters will not be considered for the Plenary, Concurrent, or Lunch n’ Learn formats, but are welcome for the PechaKucha.
- Diversity: CNAR is looking for geographic and professional diversity, as well as minority voices.
- Affiliate/Partner Status: If all Committee ratings are equal on two or more similar submissions, preference will be given to CNAR Affiliates or Partners.
Possible Proposal Topics:
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Hot Topics
- Voice of Regulators* (regulators only; looking for stories from large and small regulatory bodies; geography diversity is also considered)
- Human Resources
- Quality Practice and Continuing Competence
Submissions must be made via the online link below. You are welcome to submit more than one proposal, but individuals will be selected for one speaking slot only. Applicants can indicate their preferred session and format on the submission application, but the final decision will be determined by CNAR, under advisement by the Conference Planning Committee (CPC). Coordinators will be notified via email on or before May 10th, 2023 regarding their proposal status.
All speakers are required to register for CNAR 2023 by June 30th, 2023; a speaker discount code will be provided by CNAR staff.
Proposals in both English and French are welcome.
The 2023 Conference Planning Committees will review every valid and complete proposal based on the criteria outlined above. Coordinators will receive a decision privately via email on or before May 10th, 2023. Successful applicants will be asked to confirm their acceptance and will be provided with instructions regarding next steps and presentation/registration deadlines.
If selected, speaker biographies and headshots must be submitted by May 31st, 2023. Slide decks are due by September 15th, 2023.
Any information collected through this submission form will be kept in the strictest confidence and accessed only by the CPC and CNAR staff.
Thank you for your interest in participating in CNAR 2023. Please direct any questions to Alana Coleman, Director, Communications and Member Services, at email@example.com.